Dear Lebanese Diaspora Honored Guests and Participants
It is a great moment of honor and privilege to be launching under the High Patronage of H.E. the President of the Republic General Michel Aoun, the consecutive 6 th local edition of the Lebanese Diaspora Energy Conference hosted in Beirut the capital of Lebanon and its Diaspora.
Over the past 6 years, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants has been giving the necessary attention to the Diaspora as one of its major pillars and applying a new dynamism to strengthen unity bonds between Lebanon and its Diaspora.
To my fellow citizen who have travelled the globe; on behalf of the Lebanese government, we welcome you and acknowledge your commitment to strengthening the relationship between the Diaspora and Lebanon through your presence here and at any conference held abroad. Your presence is merely an indication of your unwavering loyalty and commitment to your homeland.
The ensuing conferences and my own travels to many diaspora communities gave me the opportunity to meet you and feel the deep-rooted affection and hope you still hold for Lebanon, the place you still love and call home! I also know from the many emails and social media posts that you are keen on participating in the development process that Lebanon is set to undertake.
I am delighted to announce that this year’s theme goes beyond our inexorable feelings of love and affection to Lebanon and aims at putting the ‘Diaspora in Action’ to turn the challenges Lebanon is going through into opportunities and engage you in the reform and development process of Lebanon. I would be pleased to witness the engagement process evolving from transferring remittances to one where the Diaspora is now fully on board.
This year’s Conference is aligned to the strategic national plans for development and reforms. This a call on you to join hands and reap the success of our mutually rewarding efforts aimed at advancing Lebanon and creating prosperity for all Lebanese.
Let us continue to “Connect and Partner for Growth”. Welcome to Lebanon, the land we love dearly and truly.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants
-Citizenship Law and rights
-Building a national Lebanese identity- “Lebanity”- in Diaspora communities.
-Lebanese by Nature, Proud by Choice- Testimonies
Lebanese Hospitality is world-famous and delights visiting tourists every year.
In collaboration with the Lebanese Franchise Association (LFA), the LDE lunch will be catered by a diverse selection of Lebanese restaurants and caterers, where you can enjoy fresh produce, traditional eating habits, regional specialties, and a rich culinary culture… there are many good reasons to come and appreciate the best of the Lebanese Hospitality
You have the possibility to meet with representatives of these restaurants and import these franchises to your country of residence.
-Opportunities in the Levant region.
-Lebanon as a hub for international reconstruction efforts.
-Boundless opportunities for the Lebanese Diaspora to partner with international stakeholders for reconstruction efforts.
-Integrated and holistic approaches to restore infrastructure and services at all levels.
-Role of the Diaspora in promoting Lebanese products overseas and establishing supportive and efficient channels to facilitate Lebanese exports to the world.
-Opportunities for the Lebanese Diaspora to invest in innovative developments to boost Lebanese products and aim for excellence in products to be exported.
Lebanon is famed for its thousand-year old craftsmanship handed down through generations. Come and experience traditional Arts and Crafts, practiced in a live setting by the finest artists and craftsmen in Lebanon.
The evening will be entertained with international music and buffet, in an outdoor setting, under the starry skies.
Since the future revolves around youth and technology, LDE is keen on offering young entrepreneurs the chance to share their start-up projects with a wider audience, in an effort to bring together stakeholders from Lebanon and the Diaspora. The Lebanese start-ups will pitch their ideas to a jury of experts, and the winners of this competition will receive a cash prize to boost their projects and to promote and foster a wider business collaboration, paving the way to new initiatives and successful business collaborations.
Workshop 1: Track-two diplomacy - lobbying for Lebanon
- Bringing together a number of high-level actors in the Diaspora in various fields
- Exploring ways in which these actors can play a role in track-two diplomacy
- Creating a track-two diplomacy roadmap to be followed up in collaboration with Lebanon’s missions overseas
Workshop 2: The role of Lebanese Diaspora in promoting and developing “The Lebanon Brand”
- Role of the Lebanese Diaspora, in promoting Lebanon as a unique nation and its mission in the world
- Opportunities that the Lebanese Diaspora can create in highlighting the lebanese heritage of tolerance and dialogue
- Mission of the Lebanese Diaspora in presenting the best image about Lebanon and leverage their networks to promote lebanese products and services
Workshop 3: Destination Lebanon: Let’s make it!
- Developing coordination between the Lebanese Tourism Industry and the Lebanese Diaspora with the objectives of breaking the record number of visitors to Lebanon in 2019 and 2020
- Creating an Ambassador program where lebanese professionals such as professors, physicians, CEOs etc. (MICE) bring new conventions and congresses to Lebanon in addition to creating opportunities for medical tourism in Lebanon
- Exploring ways to attract the Diaspora on a regular basis throughout the year
Workshop 4: Lebanese women and youth: The power of change
- Setting the roadmap to establish the international network of lebanese women leaders
- Exploring ways in which lebanese women can enhance their economic skills to achieve economic and financial independence
- Setting the roadmap to establish the international network of lebanese youth
- Enabling the next generation of young leaders who strive to affect ambitious social, political and economic change
An open platform giving the Diaspora a way to connect with political representatives in the government, thus offering them a means to voice their concerns and engage in issues of prime importance to them.
Revolving around the success stories of Diaspora, LDE talks offer high achievers in the Diaspora the opportunity to tell their story, make their voices heard, and share their experience, along with their trials and tribulations. In 7 to 10 minutes, each speaker will thus offer a pool of lessons and experiences to be learnt from.
Meet and convene with your peers in various sectors (finance, energy, healthcare, tourism etc.) by evaluating your compatibility and sourcing needed services or materials with potential partners, with the aim of establishing strategic partnerships and international Lebanese business networks.
Want to hear stories of immigration and discover the past and present of Lebanese Diaspora?
Want to discover the diversified culture and traditions of emigration countries?
Want to enjoy refreshment drinks in a traditional setting on the main square?
Come, learn, discover and contribute to the Lebanity around the world!
A Lebanese Sunset at the Batroun Port, where everyone enjoys food and drinks, in an oriental ambiance set by the Amazing George Nehme.